Let’s see risk from another angle in this interactive risk manager-only session as we hear from two senior leaders looking at the finance & legal side of risk management.
Let’s hear their side of the story as they answer the following questions:
- Now: What strategies are in place to stabilise operations as best as possible.What are the issues and challenges TOP of mind for risk managers now?
- In react and respond mode: How has it been navigating around the crisis? What were key critical areas to protect?
- Beyond: How are risk managers looking forward and starting to think about building resilience within their company?
Speakers / Moderators
Chief Finance Officer
Pilmico Foods Corporation
General Manager – Governance and Risk Management
MTR Corporation Limited
Looking at the finance and legal side of risk, we heard from the panel how their organisations are keeping up with regulatory changes and their priorities when it comes to decision-making. Here are some key takeaways from the discussion:
- The panel agreed that being in risk management changed their perspectives towards their finance and legal roles, giving them a broader view of the effects of their decisions to the business.
- As for the current situation brought about by COVID-19, some of the participants already find themselves at the recovery phase, although many uncertainties still lay ahead.
- For some risk managers, it has been a challenge to keep up with unpredictable regulatory changes which could vary from state to state.
- The panel broke down their priorities into two: keeping people safe and keeping people moving
- It has been a good reminder for us risk managers to not leave a good crisis to waste and to even leverage on it to further demonstrate the value of risk management to the business.
Some questions asked by the audience:
- In this period of COVID-19, how can risk managers ensure hiring and building talent?
- Do your organisation’s BCPs go both deep and long?
- For those in the manufacturing industries, how are you addressing your supply chain risks?